Friday, March 25, 2011

How-to: Adjust your monitor resolution

Are the icons and writing on your computer screen too small, or to large?
You need to change the resolution of your screen.
Resolution means how many pixels can fit into your screen. You have probably heard of or read somewhere numbers like 800x600 or 1024x768 or something like that. Those numbers are the resolution of the screen.

To change the resolution (in Windows XP), right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and click on Properties.
Then click on the Settings tab, and down at the bottom left, there will be a slider which will alow you to change your screens resolution.
When you are finished, click on Apply and then OK.
The screen will go black for a moment, and the re-appear in its new size. When it does, there will be a Dialog Box asking if you want to keep the new resolution. If you are happy with it, click yes.

1 comment:

  1. Personally I love a ton of Real Estate. I use a 27 inch monitor and I set it to 1920x1080 and it looks AMAZING. I looooove the luxurious feeling of a big big sharp sharp screen. I can't believe there was a time when a 15" monitor was considered a major upgrade or even later when 19" was thought to be enormous. If I had my way I would use something even bigger than 27...........

    ReplyDelete